Braiding technology is used to produce simple candle wicks and laces, but also complex structures such as ultra-high-strength ropes for securing offshore platforms, the thinnest surgical sutures or medical stents. The thread angle during braiding can be preset, thus allowing for tailor-made braiding products.
The areas of application for braiding technology have been significantly expanded by the use of fiber composite technology. It is an economical production method that can be easily automated. Its high flexibility makes it suitable for many different components. Since the braid can be placed close to the contour on a shaping core, the braiding process is a technology with very low waste and quasi drapery-free. In addition, it benefits from the adjustable thread angles for absorbing torsional and shear loads.
The DITF have a large number of different braiding machines at their disposal with a competent team that has comprehensive know-how and many years of experience - ideal prerequisites for developing components, optimizing processes, further developing the braiding process and further expanding the range of applications for braiding technology.
Range of services:
- Multi-layer braiding pultrusion of fiber composite components with increased functionality, e.g. post-formability
- Braiding pultrusion of the "technical plant stem", inspired by biological models.
- Development of thin filter bags with defined separation performance and energy-saving mechanical cleaning
- Development of implants using braiding techniques, e.g. novel stent constructions
- Fiber composites with higher functionality, e.g. improved passive vibration damping
- Braided branching structures, including those inspired by biological models, for the construction industry, among others
- Automated braiding of connections for cross-connections, e.g. bicycle seat post or convertible top linkage
dungen, z. B. Fahrradsattelstütze oder Cabrioverdeckgestänge