The interface of the textile fiber limits the desired functionality. DITF scientists apply special technologies in chemical and/or physical treatment that significantly enhance the limits in functionalization.
The modification can be done by wet chemical processes or by physical methods such as plasma, electron beam or UV treatment. DITF have many years of expertise and appropriate equipment in both areas.
For example, the adhesion between fibers and matrix in composite materials can be significantly improved by means of adapted surface chemistry.
Range of services:
- Wet chemical modification of fiber and textile surfaces
- UV treatment of surfaces
- Electron beam treatment of textiles and fibers
- Pre-treatment of textile and fiber surfaces with plasmas at low or atmospheric pressure
- Removal of spinning lubricants or finishings
- Use of adapted primer systems