In the department Knitting Technologies, a wide range of circular and flat knitting machines are available for the development and production of all kinds of knitted textiles in clothing and technical applications.
Another mainstay of the DITF knitting department is research and development not only of knitting textiles, but also of knitting machines . It deals with issues ranging from technical optimization of machine elements and machine functions to tasks within the framework of Industry 4.0.
Flat knitting technlogies can produce fabrics with almost unlimited structural diversity. In principle, structures of different mechanical properties can be produced with all yarn materials. Even the production of spatially curved so-called 3D-knitted fabrics is possible. If required, the knitted fabrics can be reinforced with weft and warp threads.
Circular knitting technologies are very productive fabric formation processs for clothing and technical textiles. Depending on application, knitting machines with 1 or 2 needle beds and gauges up to E 60 needles per inch are available.
Range of services
- Development of knitted products:
- Development of circular and flat knitted fabrics according to specific customer requirements or specified performance profiles
- Stitch-technological problem analyses
- Thermodynamic design of knitted fabrics
- Development of compression textiles of all kinds
- Development of sports textiles
- Mechanical and process engineering developments:
- Analysis and optimization of machine components
- process-technological developments
- Wear analyses for knitting processes
- Resource efficiency analyses
- Developments in industry 4.0 (IoT)