The DITF are opening up new fields of application for textiles in architecture and construction and are expanding the existing ones.
DITF developments, for example, on fiber composite materials make it possible to produce new types of lightweight construction components, which in turn inspire new architectures. Textiles help to develop a modern functional and at the same time aesthetic design language.
Nowadays, hardly any component fulfills only one function. For example, protection against climatic influences is often coupled with protection against noise and light, and at the same time static and design functions are to be fulfilled. Fiber-based materials show their strengths especially in such multiple requirements and the DITF develop feasible, efficient solutions for therefore.
In addition, sensor and actuator functions can be combined to textiles in fiber composites, to textile building envelopes and also in the home. Moisture sensors and heating fabrics, for example, help to create and maintain the right indoor climate.
Application examples of our products, processes, and services:
- Textile facade elements
- Resource-friendly use of daylight by special light-guiding textiles
- Smart textile construction elements: HIKE shell
- Pneumatic textile actuators as an example for extreme lightweight construction: 200g of textile material lift 200kg with less than 1bar
- Vertical greening: Autonomous living walls, ready for integration in the smart home
- Textile moss walls for particulate reduction
- MucorPrevent: heating textile material to prevent mold, especially in old buildings
- Flectofin: smart lightweight building shading
- Building elements interacting with the user
- Textiles for acoustic engineering
- New membrane materials for textile construction (facades, roofs for stadiums, railway stations, airports)