DITF developments, for example in the area of fiber composites, enable the production of new types of lightweight structural parts that can be inspirations for new architectures. Textiles support the development of functional and at the same time esthetic designs.
There are hardly any components today with only one function. For example, the protection from climatic influences is often combined with protection from noise and light, and at the same time, structural and design functions must be fulfilled too. Especially with such manifold requirements, fiber based materials can demonstrate their strengths and DITF develops viable and efficient solutions for this.
Moreover, sensor and actuator functions can be combined with textiles in fiber composites, with textile building envelopes, and inside homes. Humidity sensors and heating fabrics, for example, can help to create and maintain the right indoor climate.
Application examples for our products, processes, and services:
- Textile facade elements
- Resource-friendly use of daylight by special light-guiding textiles
- Smart textile construction elements: HIKE shell
- Pneumatic textile actuators as an example for extreme lightweight construction: 200g of textile material lift 200kg with less than 1bar
- Vertical greening: Autonomous living walls, ready for integration in the smart home
- Textile moss walls for particulate reduction
- MucorPrevent: heating textile material to prevent mold, especially in old buildings
- Flectofin: smart lightweight building shading
- Building elements interacting with the user
- Sonic textiles
- New membrane materials for textile construction (facades, roofs for stadiums, train stations, airports)